Applied and Computational Mathematics PhD
The Applied and Computational Mathematics research group combines expertise in dynamics, classical and statistical mechanics and advanced scientific computing techniques, to develop techniques for applications such as molecular dynamics, geophysical and astrophysical fluid dynamics and optoelectronics.
The School's EPSRC funded Mathematical Modelling, Analyis and Computation (MAC-MIGS) Centre for Doctoral Training is based within the Applied and Computational Mathematics group. Applicants interested in this area are strongly encouraged to apply to this PhD programme as well. Further information about the CDT can be found at on the MAC-MIGS website.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK first class honours degree, or its international equivalent, in an appropriate subject; or a UK 2:1 honours degree plus a UK masters degree, or their international equivalents; or relevant qualifications and experience.
Minimum academic requirements
For entry to the Ph.D. program, applicants must meet the following minimum academic qualifications.
A postgraduate master's degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas showing evidence of above-average academic achievement. This includes:
a degree classification with a mark of 65% or more overall (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent)
normally a masters dissertation at the distinction level (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent) in accounting, finance, or related disciplines
Degrees in quantitative disciplines (e.g. economics or mathematics) or business studies will be considered if you can demonstrate a strong background in accounting and finance throughout your degree.
Applications may be accepted from those still currently studying for a master's degree; however, any offer will be conditional on the successful completion of the degree at the required standard.
Applicants with significant industry experience in the accounting sector, or with relevant professional qualifications will be given due consideration on a case-by-case basis. However, these applicants must also have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related discipline.
English language tests
We accept the following English language qualifications at the grades specified:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): total 7.0 (at least 6.0 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition): total 100 (at least 20 in each module). We do not accept TOEFL MyBest Score to meet our English language requirements.
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 169 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study, unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL or Trinity ISE, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Wind and Marine Energy Systems and Structures PhD with Integrated Study at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Natural Language Processing PhD with Integrated Study at The University of Edinburgh
- Translational Neuroscience PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Surgery PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Stem Cell Research PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Statistics PhD at The University of Edinburgh