Advanced Power Engineering MSc
The two-year MSc programme in Advanced Power Engineering is designed to train power engineers in the most current developments in the field, and help them develop fundamental and applied research skills through a combination of:
- taught modules
- a comprehensive research dissertation carried out during the second year of the programme
- support from the internationally-leading experts of the Institute for Energy Systems
Our academics regularly lead or participate in large, multi-institutional and multi-national research projects in the area of electrical power engineering. The learning experience is augmented by a number of supporting activities delivered throughout the duration of the programme.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Power Engineering is one of the most in-demand professions in the UK and worldwide. Graduates from our MSc programs go on to a wide range of activities.
Graduates return to jobs and academia in their own countries, or take up employment with well-known companies in Scotland, the UK, and elsewhere in the world, for example with:
- energy consultancies
- energy utilities
- engineering or construction companies
- renewable energy developers
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Structural and Fire Safety Engineering MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Landscape Architecture MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Landscape Architecture MLA at The University of Edinburgh
- International Master of Science in Fire Safety Engineering MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Integrated Micro and Nano Systems (IMNS) MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Informatics: IPAB: Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Animation MScR at The University of Edinburgh