Bachelor of Health Science
Choose a rewarding career in public health, health services or community development with a health science degree from VU.
Our degree provides the foundations for a range of health and science careers. You’ll study core bioscience, research and public-health topics. From your second year, you’ll choose a health-science or biomedical specialisation in line with your career aspirations.
You’ll graduate with expertise in:
- disease and injury prevention
- health research
- health promotion
- basic epidemiology.
We offer flexible study options and a hands-on approach that will have you job-ready for your chosen career. You’ll graduate with the skills and knowledge to work on government health programs and private-practice initiatives, and with NGOs.
You can progress further in the health field with our top-rated graduate program. Study more-advanced topics and gain high-level research skills with a masters or doctoral degree.
St Albans Campus
Our St Albans Campus is a hub for health and nutrition research. It also specialises in arts and science programs. Our nursing and biomedical science students complete a large part of their studies at the new teaching and research centre at Sunshine Hospital alongside medical professionals. The campus has a modern community feel and is set in gardens of native grasses and gum trees. It’s a relaxed, friendly place to study, with a children’s centre, a gym, and award-winning architecture.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
When you graduate, you may find employment in areas such as:
- public health
- health promotion
- health and community organisations
- pharmaceutical industries
- professional associations
- health foundations
- health administration
- public health research programs
- policy and development
- program development with non-government organisations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 092156G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science (Human Movement) / Bachelor of Psychological Studies at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Science at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management / Bachelor of Business at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Sport Management at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University