Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Education
The programs are of particular relevance to doctors involved in delivering medical undergraduate or specialist training programs, clinical nurse educators, and other health professionals with a role in education.
- Offers a range of courses on topics including the core principles of educational theory, curriculum planning, clinical teaching, simulation, e-learning, evaluation and assessment and current trends in clinical education
- Flexible learning format
- Opportunities for students to undertake research projects in their area of interest
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
PGDipClinEd graduates will understand the principles of adult learning within the healthcare context. They will be skilled at curriculum planning, evaluation and assessment and will demonstrate their position as leaders and innovators in health professionals education. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry to the Postgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education is limited to 34 students per year.
You must normally have completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Education.
Alternatively, you must have completed either:
- a relevant degree such as medicine, midwifery, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, or physiotherapy at a recognized university (or similar institution).
- a health professional qualification and have at least two years' relevant clinical work experience.
You must also be actively engaged in clinical teaching or curriculum development in a health-related discipline.
You will be asked to provide a current CV when applying.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Medical Gynaecology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Psychology at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Theory at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy at University of Auckland