Master of Family Studies
The University of Newcastle’s Master of Family Studies has been designed to enhance your theoretical and practical knowledge in core areas of family practice including family processes, working with risk and trauma in families and family diversity. You will be equipped with the necessary expertise to pursue leading roles in family work-based positions and to work inter-professionally to address complex problems in families and community.
You'll have the opportunity to study beside international students and learn from international faculty through our shared courses with the Global Consortium of International Family Studies.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates will have the expertise to effectively support families in areas such as intensive family support and counselling, working with men and fathers, intergenerational trauma, or family violence. Your advanced skills and knowledge will increase your employment potential in the social and human services in universities, schools, non-profit organisations, hospitals, home health and long-term care agencies and government.
Possible career paths may include:
- family service manager
- family program coordinator
- research and policy officer
- international development worker specialising in family policy or programs
- family and relationship services practitioner
- specialist family work roles in nursing, allied health, youth work, drug and alcohol, mental health, early childhood, education, law.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor program, or approved equivalent in order to apply for entry.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy (Global) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Health Economics, Management and Policy at University of Newcastle
- Master of Environmental Law at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Politics) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Law) at University of Newcastle
- Master of Philosophy (Education) at University of Newcastle