Environmental Science and Engineering
What is Environmental Science and Engineering?
Environmental Science and Engineering is a new integrated undergraduate with postgraduate degree course that aims to train the next generation of graduates who have the competencies, knowledge and experience necessary to design and deploy solutions that protect and improve our environment and human wellbeing, and that work with rather than against the natural world to foster biodiversity, climate action and sustainable use of Earth’s finite resources
Students complete an integrated five-year course consisting of four year B.Sc. plus an additional year of study leading to either Master in Engineering (Studies) a M.A.I. (St.) or Master in Applied Environmental Science MAES.
Environmental Science and Engineering: The course for you?
The course will provide students with fundamental grounding in the natural sciences and engineering, and in the applied skills required to develop sustainable solutions for major societal and environmental challenges. The unique combination of engineering and natural sciences modules represents one of the first in Ireland and internationally. Strong emphasis is placed on students acquiring practical laboratory and field skills, as well as working in teams.
Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity
This new integrated degree programme is delivered through the expertise of two Schools (School of Natural Science and the School of Engineering).
The School of Natural Sciences conducts research, and delivers teaching, on all aspects of the natural world, from the formation of the earth, the behaviour of the environment, the evolution and ecology of its organisms and its interactions with human society.
Trinity’s School of Engineering is ranked in the top 100 engineering schools in the world and offers outstanding teaching by Engineers who are at the forefront of their field worldwide. The School of Engineering is a vibrant, intellectual community of innovative researchers, teachers and students, which combines high-quality teaching with expansive research activity.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: TR064
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Environmental Sciences: Biological and Biomedical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin