This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Bioinformatics Research Extensive (MBioinfResEx)
Capitalise on the expanding demand for bioinformaticians with an interdisciplinary skill-set and research expertise that will make you employable anywhere in the world.
The Master of Bioinformatics Research Extensive is designed for biological sciences, computing and mathematics graduates with Honours, who wish to increase their technical and research skills in core areas of bioinformatics, update their knowledge of recent technologies and methodologies, and obtain practical laboratory and computational skills through prolonged immersion in a research laboratory.
For your 1.5 years of full-time studies, you'll select from over 20 courses, allowing you to tailor your studies to suit your interests and career goals.
You'll also have the opportunity to complete an independent research project on campus or in industry, which will increase your technical and research skills.
As industries are moving more deeply into genetic technologies, the demand for bioinformaticians is expanding. This program will prepare you for a highly rewarding career in a variety of organisations, including pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, research organisations and government.
- Gain advanced expertise in computational statistics, software engineering, data mining and genome informatics.
- Learn from academics who are leading researchers in their fields.
- Engage in laboratory research across disciplines such as neuroscience, medicine and agriculture.
- Take advantage of links to industry, government and academic institutions in Australia and overseas.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Data scientist
- Data analyst
- Clinical data manager
- Medical writer
- Technical writer
- Research scientist
- Software/database programmer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Postgraduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An approved equivalent Bachelor degree (Honours) in Science, IT, Engineering, or approved relevant discipline, incorporating a major research project or other significant research experience, with introductions to molecular biology, computer science and statistics.
UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 or above on a 7 point scale.
- Course Code: 085554G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- MASTER OF Materials and Manufacturing Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Electrical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Bioengineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Mechanical Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Software Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland
- Master of Urban Water Engineering (Professional) at The University of Queensland