Master of Advanced Economics
Benefit from world class, high-level training in formal techniques of economic analysis and econometrics to fast track your career.
Consider your internationally recognised master's qualification in economics an investment in long-term career success.
Over 16 units you'll study courses influenced by the latest economic research, and be taught by world-class academic staff who will ensure you receive a quality education in advanced economics.
This 2-semester program consists entirely of technically challenging coursework. Courses cover advanced econometric theory, quantitative skills for economics, microeconomics, macroeconomics, computational methods and advanced microeconometrics.
This program is often taken as a pathway to PhD studies at UQ. It's also suitable as a standalone credential for those who want to fast-track their careers as economists in sectors that do not require a doctorate.
- Increase your analytical abilities, critical thinking and logic, all sought-after by employers wanting the most accomplished candidates.
- Learn cutting edge techniques of economic analysis and econometrics at a level similar to the first year in a US PhD program.
- Achieve the qualification you need to take on even greater levels of study.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Post
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To enrol in the program, a person must hold a relevant bachelor honours degree or equivalent as approved by the executive dean; or a relevant postgraduate degree in economics or cognate discipline; and satisfy the Executive Dean that, based on the academic record, the person is suitably qualified for admission.
The School of Economics requires the following documentation for all applications:
- Official transcripts of previous studies
- Cover Letter - a brief statement explaining your motivation for applying
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Course Code: 092449E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Business (MBus) in Supply Chain Management at The University of Queensland
- MASTER OF Business Analytics at The University of Queensland
- Applied Finance Master of Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Master of International Economics and Finance / Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Master of Advanced Economics at The University of Queensland
- Master of Tourism, Hotel and Event Management (MTHEM) at The University of Queensland