Graduate Certificate of Public Policy
The Graduate Certificate of Public Policy provides knowledge and professional skills for those who wish to broaden and deepen their general or technical skills in public policy. The Graduate Certificate provides students with a wide menu of choice of Crawford School master degree courses. Students who are thinking of later proceeding on to a Master degree should consider the course-selection requirements appropriate to the various Master degrees. Course advising is available to help with these choices.
Our Acton campus is in the heart of Canberra - Australia's capital city - in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). From here it's an easy walk, bike ride or drive to some of Australia's most significant political and cultural institutions including Australian Parliament House. Amongst our modern lecture halls, libraries, laboratories, student residences and administration buildings, you'll find all the conveniences of a small suburb including cafes, bars, supermarkets, child care centres, a newsagency, post office and even a medical centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Australian National University takes pride in attracting and retaining outstanding staff.
We offer two categories of employment vacancies, those open to all applicants and others which are only open to ANU staff. To find out how we will handle your information during the job application process.
External job opportunities » Use the Jobs website catalog of current vacancies to find and apply for jobs online.
Internal job opportunities » Use the Internal Jobs website catalogue of current vacancies to find and apply for jobs
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of foundational issues in the field of public policy, in Australia and globally
Reflect critically on public policy issues and practical challenges in diverse contexts
Demonstrate familiarity with research principles relevant to the field of public policy
Identify appropriate analysis and research methods for public policy challenges
Analyse political, technical or institutional policy problems from multiple perspectives
Develop and communicate policy analysis or recommendations in changing policy environments
Understand challenges relating to management, implementation and evaluation of public policies
The International students get PSW of 4 years after completing MPHIL/PHD Program
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Bachelor or international equivalent with GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Diploma or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Certificate or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- 24 units of courses in a postgraduate program a GPA of 4/7; or
- GRE General test, completed no more than 5 years before the time of application, with a minimum score of 155 for Verbal Reasoning, 155 for Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 in Analytical Writing and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- A minimum 5 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program.
In line with the university's admissions policy and strategic plan, an assessment for admission may include competitively ranking applicants on the basis of specific academic achievement, English language proficiency and diversity factors.
Academic achievement & English language proficiency
- The minimum academic requirement for full entry and enrolment is a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 4.0/7.0.
- If required, competitive ranking may further be confirmed on the basis of applicants demonstrating higher-level English language proficiency.
- Course Code: 089715G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A