Bachelor of Music
Whether you see a future in composition or performance, you're passionate about music technology, or you're drawn to exploring the nature of music as culture, the Music course at Monash will harness your creative potential and challenge you to excel.
You'll advance your practical skills, collaborate with international artists, and study with accomplished teaching staff. You'll engage with the historical, creative, technical, and cultural aspects of music, broaden your perspectives on music in the world, and lay the foundations for a career in music.
In doing so you will build a high level of expertise in one of four specializations:
- Music Composition
- Creative Music Technology
- Ethnomusicology and Musicology
- Music Performance
The study of Music at Monash builds on your particular talent to develop advanced skills and knowledge in your chosen specialization while immersing you in the ever-changing landscape of the music industry. The opportunities to diversify your study to engage in cross-cultural and cross-genre interactions will underpin the development of your creative and critical thinking abilities.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Communications, corporate and tourism sectors, diplomacy, directing, editing, education, film, foreign affairs, gallery curating, human rights, Indigenous affairs, international development, international relations, journalism, linguistics, management, marketing and advertising, media, multicultural affairs, policy writing, politics, public relations, scriptwriting, social justice, sustainability, theatre, trade, translating and interpreting.
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
- High achieving students can progress into the Master-level units at the completion of 96 credit points (end of 2nd-year full time).
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- Course Code: 017113G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Art History and Curating at Monash University
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Media Communication at Monash University
- Bachelor of Global Studies at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Business at Monash University