Bachelor of Music
Whether you see a future in composition or performance, you're passionate about music technology, or you're drawn to exploring the nature of music as culture, the Music course at Monash will harness your creative potential and challenge you to excel.
You'll advance your practical skills, collaborate with international artists, and study with accomplished teaching staff. You'll engage with the historical, creative, technical, and cultural aspects of music, broaden your perspectives on music in the world, and lay the foundations for a career in music.
In doing so you will build a high level of expertise in one of four specializations:
- Music Composition
- Creative Music Technology
- Ethnomusicology and Musicology
- Music Performance
The study of Music at Monash builds on your particular talent to develop advanced skills and knowledge in your chosen specialization while immersing you in the ever-changing landscape of the music industry. The opportunities to diversify your study to engage in cross-cultural and cross-genre interactions will underpin the development of your creative and critical thinking abilities.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
- High achieving students can progress into the Master-level units at the completion of 96 credit points (end of 2nd-year full time).
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- Course Code: 017113G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Media Communication at Monash University
- Bachelor of Global Studies at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Business at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at Monash University