International Master of Science in Fire Safety Engineering MSc
The International Master of Science in Fire Safety Engineering (IMFSE) is a two-year educational programme in the Erasmus+ framework.
This masters programme is jointly offered by the following three full partner universities:
- The University of Edinburgh, UK
- Ghent University, Belgium (coordinator)
- Lund University, Sweden
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We aim to train the next generation of leaders in this field; there is currently great demand for fire safety engineering graduates worldwide and graduates have gained relevant employment or enhanced career opportunities.
A fire safety engineer fulfils a broad range of duties, in various ways related to fire. This can range from designing fire protection for a space station, to protecting treasures such as the US Constitution, to safely securing the occupants of a high-rise building from fire hazards.
Fire safety engineers are in great demand by corporations, educational institutions, consulting firms, and government bodies around the world. You may find career opportunities in the following industries:
- consulting engineering firms
- fire departments
- fire equipment and systems manufacturers
- hospitals and health care facilities
- insurance industry
- research and testing laboratories
- educational institutions
- entertainment industry
- forensic investigations
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A bachelors degree or recognised equivalent from an accredited institution (minimum 3 years' full-time study or 180 ECTS credits) in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, chemical or industrial engineering; material sciences; chemistry; physics; applied physics; architecture; urbanism and spatial planning or a related discipline.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Structural and Fire Safety Engineering MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Landscape Architecture MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Landscape Architecture MLA at The University of Edinburgh
- Integrated Micro and Nano Systems (IMNS) MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Informatics: IPAB: Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Animation MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Informatics: IPAB: Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics and Animation MPhil at The University of Edinburgh