Bachelor of Music (Honours)
A creative career as a professional musician. Graduate with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge to forge a successful career composing, playing, researching or teaching music.
UQ's School of Music is one of Australia’s leading music institutions. The Bachelor of Music (Honours) is designed for students wishing to pursue a professional career in music. Our courses are practice-led with students undertaking private lessons, ensemble performances, lecturers and tutorials. The school’s long tradition of excellence in musicianship, aural and music history ensures that graduates have a broad knowledge of musical discourses.
Enhance your practical skills through masterclasses, student performances and concerts. Activities in the program may also encompass solo performances, choral performances, chamber music, world music, early music and contemporary ensembles.
Students have the opportunity to participate in internships with the Queensland Symphony Orchestra, Musica Viva, Queensland Music Festival, 4MBS Classic FM and other industry partners. By developing broad range of skills, students are equipped with highly transferable abilities, making them well positioned to adapt to a changing professional world.
- Work with nationally and internationally-acclaimed performers, teachers, composers and researchers.
- Learn from visiting ensembles and musicians in residence.
- Receive numerous opportunities to perform in real-world settings through master classes, performances at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC), overseas venues and internship programs with the Queensland Symphony Orchestra.
- Perform at prestigious venues and tour overseas to showcase their talents internationally.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Instrumental music tutor
- Classroom music teacher
- Record label administrator
- Recording engineer
- Music producer
- Music journalist
- Instrumental teacher
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); and audition/interview; a pass in a test of practical ability and musicianship skills.*
Applicants must arrange an audition with the School of Music, to take place between 1 September and 30 November of the year preceding admission. A program of no longer than 15 minutes must be prepared. Details must be provided to the School of Music when the applicant arranges the audition. For an audition to be at a competitive standard, the repertoireperformed should be comparable to Grade 7 AMEB.
* Note: Selection is based on audition, interview and academic results. OP/Entry Rank cut-offs do not apply.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 081642F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Science (BMus(Hons)/BSc) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Education (Secondary) (BMus(Hons)/BEd(Sec)) at The University of Queensland