This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Primary and Secondary Health and Physical Education
Physical activity, health and wellbeing are such important pillars in a young person’s growth. With this specialisation, you’ll play a key role in developing these skills at formative times in their education journey.
What you’ll be qualified for
Your qualification will be a Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Primary and Secondary Health and Physical Education. You’ll be able to teach children and adolescents aged five to 18 years, in both primary and secondary schools and will be equipped to teach as:
- A generalist primary school teacher
- A specialist health and physical education primary school teacher
- A secondary school teacher with health and physical education as your two specialist teaching areas.
What you’ll be learning
You'll develop a diverse range of knowledge and skills as you build your understanding of health and physical education, and education as a discipline. In your health and physical education discipline studies, you’ll learn about the biophysical and behavioural foundations of health and physical education – and how to bring out the best health and wellbeing in your students and communities.
By looking at how people develop movement skills, you’ll build advanced laboratory and field-based skills in sport and exercise science, and be equipped to coach across games, challenges and sports.
This is all knowledge which you'll apply to your specialist teaching areas of health and physical education. In your education discipline studies at the primary level, you'll develop your knowledge of cross curriculum priorities and the curriculum areas you will teach such as: English and literacies, mathematics and numeracy, arts education, humanities, science, digital technologies, and health and physical education. While at the secondary level you'll develop an understanding of adolescent learning and development in a secondary education environment, as well as curriculum planning, implementation and evaluation.
Peninsula campus is Monash University's third largest campus. It is about 40km south of Melbourne and has around 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
School or early childhood teacher, community education, corporate training, curriculum development, health and fitness coaching, school leadership, student welfare and teaching. Studying a double degree also leads to a wide range of careers, depending on your choice of partner degree.
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 per cent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year 03 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (honours) and Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Criminology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at Monash University