Sexual Dissidence MA
This is a unique, interdisciplinary MA in queer studies. Since 1991, the course has brought together dynamic, engaged students and faculty to develop cutting-edge research on sexuality. You’ll learn to bring a radical, contemporary, global approach to the study of sexuality.
Co-organised by the Schools of English and Global Studies, this MA:
- addresses present-day issues of sexuality within a global context
- provides a firm foundation in queer theory
- allows you to tailor your studies to your interests.
The MA is associated with the Centre for the Study of Sexual Dissidence, a research hub for sexuality and queer studies. Through the Centre, you’ll have opportunities to get involved in research and arts events, and to connect with faculty and students who care about issues of gender and sexuality.
You’ll study in Brighton, a city known for its vibrant activist, queer and arts communities. It's also near London. So you’ll have opportunities to enrich your studies by exploring nearby events and communities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex