Master of Engineering (Electronics)
Digital innovations are transforming the electronics industry. Engineers need specialised skills in electronics to help meet the demand for disruptive technology. Developed in consultation with industry leaders, La Trobe's Master of Engineering (Electronics) is designed to prepare you for the challenges of our future workforce.
You'll develop specialised knowledge in emerging technologies, including robotic technologies and Industry 4.0, wide applications of signal processing and control algorithms, and machine intelligence in embedded systems. A focus on sustainable engineering practices will show you how to align future projects with environmental regulations and standards. Build hands-on skills using Altium, Vivado, MATLAB, LabView and other design systems. Immerse yourself in real-world learning through our Centre for Technology Infusion.
Our six-month Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program gives you 800 hours of industry experience working in an engineering company or related-industry employer of electrical engineers, including partners like BMW, Audi, Siemens, the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and Fortis.
Alternatively, you could join a research team on an advanced engineering project. You'll build industry connections and see how engineering is practiced first-hand. A A$10 000 scholarship is also available for eligible students to support your study.1
Australian Engineering Environment and Sustainability Practices
Gain an understanding of Australian engineering industry sustainability practices and build attributes required to make a successful transition from university to the world of work.
Digital design solutions
Discover how Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software tools can address issues with architecture design, user research and concept development.
Create prototypes and custom-designed microchips for consumer products, industrial controls and medical electronic equipment.
Digital control and signal processing
Explore the digital signal processing (DSP) and linear controls systems used to analyse and design physical systems.
Robotic system design
Learn how to design and implement robotic systems.
1 Upon successful entry into an Engineering WIL subject (requiring a 70 WAM) you may be eligible for a $10,000 scholarship to support you while you study.
La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus combines parkland beauty with a vibrant campus culture filled with cafés, shops and a multi-level library. It’s also one of Australia’s largest university campuses. You’ll have access to state-ofthe-art facilities, including our brand-new tech and business labs, the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science and our very own Wildlife Sanctuary. You'll also have help to achieve your academic best. We provide dedicated study rooms like the Women's Lounge, the Law Common Room, and the MASO (Mature Age Student Organisation) Lounge. And we host many cultural and academic events on campus to make you feel at home.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
La Trobe offers programs that are industry-focused and offer a lot of practical exposure. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot.
The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market. La Trobe focuses on Work Integrated Learning. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot. The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market.
The duration of the internship will vary depending on the chosen course and subject. During this time a student will be expected to complete assessments based on experience. Please note that eligibility criteria do apply.
If you are an undergraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Accounting Work Placement (ACC3AWP)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUS3ELP)
- Food and Beverage Supervision (THS1FBS)
- Sports Practicum (MGT3SPR)
If you are a postgraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Business Analytics Project (BUS5PR2)
- Business Work Placement (BUS5WIL)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUA5ELP)
- As an international student, a student can work for 40 hrs in a fortnight and full time during breaks and is entitled to 2 years post-study work permit. This implies to students studying any course which is 2 years and above.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree entry: Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of a C (60%) grade point average (GPA) in the final year PLUS three years of relevant managerial experience
- Professional entry: Applicants do not require an undergraduate degree but must have a minimum of 8 years' relevant managerial experience 6.0.
- Professional entry (no undergrad degree): International applicants must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0. Please note that international students studying online are not eligible for an Australian student visa.
Australian Bachelor's four year degree (or equivalent)
IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0
- Course Code: 096312A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Internet of Things at La Trobe University
- Master of Artificial Intelligence at La Trobe University
- Master of Construction and Engineering Management at La Trobe University
- Master of Information and Communication Technology at La Trobe University
- Master of Information Technology at La Trobe University
- Master of Telecommunication and Network Engineering at La Trobe University