Master of Business (Industrial Relations/Human Resource Management)
Aim for a management role in human resources or industrial relations, for a dynamic, in-demand career.
In this specialised Master of Business, you’ll explore contemporary industrial relations and human resource (IR/HR) management.
You’ll develop business expertise and learn to resolve IR conflicts. These skills are in high demand in Australia, making this masters an excellent step towards a successful career.
Our program is based on the disciplines of management and general business. Throughout, you’ll be challenged to think creatively about the role of managers in business organisations.
You’ll also develop strong research skills and gain a rich understanding of IR and HR systems, ethics and law. We combine this with hands-on experience, giving you the confidence and ability to manage workplace disputes.
If you have relevant work experience, you can apply for the Master of Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management and complete your masters in a shorter timeframe.
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This masters course could lead you to a career as:
- human resource manager
- employee development planner
- employee relations manager
- recruitment consultant
- industrial relations officer
- union official or representative.
Organisations which employ human resource professionals include:
- local and national government.
- small or large businesses.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Course Code: 083294E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Enterprise Resource Planning at Victoria University
- Master of Sport Business at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism Hospitality and Events Management at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism and Destination Management at Victoria University
- Master of Supply Chain Management at Victoria University
- Master of Project Management at Victoria University