Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
What is Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering?
This is a broad area focusing on the design and development of products and processes. Mechanical engineering has a strong product and equipment design element, while manufacturing engineering analyses the processes and systems required to produce goods.
What is the BEng (Hons) in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering course?
This is a four year honours degree, which prepares students for employment in a very broad range of engineering situations.
Industrial placement takes place in semester 6, which can be up to six months duration (March - September). These placements have been very successful at providing for the students a perspective on the broad variety of material that they have covered in the course.
Students have been previously placed in Bausch & Lomb (Waterford), Honeywell (Waterford), Intel (Leixlip), Janssen Pharmaceutical (Cork), Lipton's (Cork), Servier (Wicklow), Schering-Plough (Wicklow), and Stryker (Cork).
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD230
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science Information Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) Architecture at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Quantity Surveying at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Construction Management & Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology