Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Within the combined degree program, students study a combination of Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) courses over a period of five years full-time. On completion of the first three years students will have completed all the courses required for the Bachelor of Commerce degree. In the final two years of the combined degree program students complete the requirements for the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and may enrol in these two years on a less than full time basis.
Students completing this combined degree program become specialists in Commerce and meet the academic requirements to practice law in NSW. However, students wishing to practice law must also complete postgraduate professional training approved by the Legal Profession Admission Board. Alternatively, students completing this degree may apply for entry to the Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Diploma of Legal Practice Program - see separate handbook entry - which allows immediate admission to legal practice on graduation.
Commencement in this program is only available in Semester 1. Due to timetabling issues this program is not available for a Semester 2 commencement.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Communicate effectively (a) orally and/or (b) in writing
Newcastle City campus
The University of Newcastle plays an important part in the renewed sense of vibrancy in the Newcastle CBD and our Newcastle City campus is very much at the centre of the city's burgeoning arts scene. NUspace is a $95 million landmark education building developed in 2017 by the University of Newcastle in the heart of Newcastle's CBD. NUspace harnesses the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience by engaging students in new and exciting ways.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
There are a number of ways to gain entry to the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws (Honours) program at the University of Newcastle. Students may be considered for admission on the basis of:
1. NSW HSC or equivalent - irrespective of age of qualification;
2. Completed or partly completed higher education studies;
3. TAFE qualifications;
4. Overseas qualifications equivalent to Australian studies (International);
5 A University approved special admission adjustment factor scheme:
- Educational Access Scheme (EAS); and
- Regional and Rural Adjustment Scheme.
6. A University approved special admission scheme:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Admission Scheme;
- Elite Athletes Admission Scheme;
- Special Circumstances Admission Scheme; and
- Guaranteed Entry Admission Scheme.
Students must comply with the University of Newcastle's English language proficiency requirements.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 023103C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Business / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Business Analytics at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at University of Newcastle