Classical Literature and French BA
This course is for September 2020 entry only.
This degree will allow you to become proficient in French, as well as giving you the chance to explore some of the most important texts of the western tradition through the study of Classical Literature.
Core modules in French will allow you to become fluent in a major world language and introduce you to key aspects of the literature, cinema, history, culture and politics of the Francophone world. Through Classical Literature modules you’ll encounter writers such as Homer, Virgil, Aeschylus, Apuleius, Aristotle and Ovid, all read in English translation, offering a window onto Ancient Greek and Roman civilization.
By combining these two subjects, you’ll explore the living legacy of Classical Literature and discover how French culture resonates with stories and myths from the ancient world. You’ll also be able to choose from an impressive range of optional modules on topics as diverse as ancient theatre, ancient history, medieval romances, the French Revolution, and postcolonial cinema.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian B BA at University of Leeds
- Portuguese and Russian A BA at University of Leeds
- Linguistics and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Politics BA at University of Leeds
- Languages, Cultures and Philosophy BA at University of Leeds