A graduating biology major will be able to:
- understand how scientific knowledge is generated and revised.
- understand biological phenomena in terms of mechanism and adaptation, at scales ranging from atoms to the biosphere.
- understand how biological properties at one level provide directions and impose constraints on properties at other levels.
- understand how to design, perform, and evaluate the results of biological research.
- have hands-on experience with the tools of biological research.
- be able to read and interpret articles describing biological research.
- be able to express his/her understanding of biology clearly in writing.
- have the background, experience, and resources to function in a technological society.
- apply the results of scientific research to everyday life, society, health, and the environment.
- go on to a career in biology, biotechnology, medicine, teaching, or environmental science.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD
- Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Social Psychology, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Psychology, BS at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Psychology, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Physics, BS at University of Massachusetts Boston
- Physics, BA at University of Massachusetts Boston