Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws
The Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws double degree will give you a solid understanding of Australian law, along with an in-depth knowledge of how the economy works. You'll graduate with a wide range of skills that will make you a flexible and relevant professional, able to work in a wide variety of careers.
In conjunction with developing your knowledge of legal frameworks, you'll examine how modern economies operate and the interaction between law and regulation, and the economy. You will develop analytical skills of both legal and policy-based economic issues - practical skills and knowledge that can be then adapted to a range of careers.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and attributes required for problem solving and economic decision making across a diverse range of economic and legal issues. This degree will give you a strong economic and quantitative background that allows you to explore a variety of professional career options.
Career opportunities involve legal practice as a solicitor or barrister, in-house legal counsel or work in many areas of government and business including finance companies, banks, regulatory bodies, government departments, consultancy, and research firms, international organizations, positions in federal and state public services as policy officers, analysts, economic modelers, advisers, trade and industry officers; private-sector positions in financial management, forecasting, insurance, and agribusiness firms; commodities or futures trader; importer/exporter; or international positions with agencies such as the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the United Nations.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Assumed knowledge is any two units of English and Mathematics.
Practical, Clinical or Work Experience
The Work Ready Unit may be completed as an elective in the Economics component.
For direct admission into undergraduate courses offered by UNE, you must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least equivalent to completion of Year 12 in Australia.
- Applicants holding relevant Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) Year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding relevant Indian State Board of Education Board Year 12 examination results, other than PSEB and HSEB
- Applicants holding relevant Punjab State Education Board (PSEB) and Haryana State Education Board (HSEB) Year 12 Examination
- Applications holding relevant National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) year 12 examination results
- Applicants holding a relevant Indian post-Year 10, Year 12 equivalent 3-Year VET level Diploma results in a relevant stream
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 60% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+).
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 65% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant start, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not local language), with an overall First Division (60%+)
- Must have achieved a minimum average of 70% in their Best of 4 academic subjects in a relevant stream, including English if necessary (but not a local language), with an overall First Division (60%+),
- Must have achieved an overall minimum average of 60% or First Division results
- Course Code: 012209F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Training and Development at University of New England
- Bachelor of Organisational Leadership at University of New England
- Bachelor of Economics with Honours at University of New England
- Bachelor of Economics at University of New England
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Laws at University of New England
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Economics at University of New England