Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
PhD and Research Masters
Take Your Career to the Next Level
Do you want to conduct research in an area of interest to you within the broad field of education? Enrol in a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). An MPhil or a PhD can open up opportunities in many areas: as a classroom teacher, a school leader, a system leader, a researcher, an academic preparing the next generation of teachers, a policy advisor or a policy analyst.
What Support Does the School Provide?
Your MPhil or PhD journey will be enriched through a close relationship with a team of dedicated supervisors. In addition, our HDR Advantage Package means you will have access to the information and support you need. This includes:
- A detailed induction process to ensure your transition to postgraduate research is seamless
- Access to a wealth of resources
- An extensive program of workshops, seminars and courses that will enhance your research skills, enable you to connect with other students, and provide timely support at key moments of your candidature
- Awards and prizes celebrating graduate research achievements and contributions to our research culture.
- Provision of a workspace
- Access to funds for research related costs
- Opportunities to apply for conference grants
- Provision of professional learning workshops and opportunities to test and share ideas with fellow researchers.
- Full time PhD candidates in the School have access to $1500 per year for three years (or part time equivalent). Full time MPhil candidates have access to $1500 per year for two years (or part time equivalent).
- Through hosting regular professional learning workshops, periodic Staff and Students Talking about Research (SSTAR) Sessions, and annual SSTAR conferences, candidates have many opportunities to test and share ideas with fellow researchers, prepare for confirmation and become engaged in national or international conferences.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
SECTION 17 - ADMISSION - REQUIREMENTS
(1)To be considered for admission to the University, Higher Degree by Research applicants will be required to:
have met the relevant English language proficiency requirements as described in the English Proficiency Policy.
have satisfied the minimum academic requirements described in the relevant Award and Program Schedules;
have met any other additional admission requirements that may be prescribed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation);
be a minimum of 16 years of age at 1 March of the year of admission. Applicants under the age of 16 years may apply directly to the Vice-Chancellor for consideration.
(2) The Assistant Dean (Research Training) is authorised to prescribe additional admission requirements when considering an admission to candidature. This may include a requirement for the applicant to undertake an examination(s) or carry out such work as prescribed.
(3) The Assistant Dean (Research Training) is authorised to refuse admission to candidature when appropriate supervision and resources are not available. Whether appropriate supervision and resources are available will be determined by the Assistant Dean (Research Training) on recommendation from the School.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 000869B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A