Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Software Engineering
Software engineers play a key role in modern society, ensuring computer-controlled systems and processes – including business systems, telecommunications, operating systems, firmware and middleware applications – are designed to operate continuously. They also apply systematic and disciplined methods to software development, operation and maintenance to produce robust code for an ever-connected world.
This degree will equip you with the knowledge and skills you’ll require to program, test and bug-fix software products that could help change the world. You’ll develop advanced technical and theoretical knowledge of the fundamental concepts underlying the design, development, operation and performance of software systems, including mathematical foundations, cyber security, programming languages, algorithm design and analysis, and data modelling and storage. You’ll learn how to proficiently identify, select and apply software engineering theory and analysis, modelling and simulation to address complex problems with interdisciplinary components. And you’ll conduct complex software-based projects across the engineering lifecycle by applying industry-standard software development methodologies, practices and tools.
- Engineering at Macquarie is built around a project-based professional development spine, which allows you to gain practical, hands-on experience and collaborate on projects with your fellow students.
- In addition to developing your knowledge and skills in core software engineering concepts, you’ll have the opportunity to choose additional electives to boost your career prospects.
- You’ll have access to our new cutting-edge engineering facilities, including collaborative learning spaces, a dedicated full-pitch FIRST® robotics field and high-tech laboratories where you can test your code and see outcomes in real time.
- From your second year, you’ll have the opportunity to use our award-winning PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) program to complete an internship or work placement with one of our industry partners or with one of our research groups in machine learning, data mining, program language design, virtual reality and security communications and networks.
- You’ll have opportunities to get involved in a range of student-led projects, including working with our MQ Speed team and CubeSat group, or participating in FIRST® robotics mentoring.
- Macquarie has close links with public and private sector organisations, such as BAE Systems, Optus, Google and Microsoft, leading to internships and graduate opportunities.
- Your learning experience will be enhanced by our location in Australia’s largest high-tech precinct, which is brimming with collaborative, internship and employment opportunities.
- This degree is accredited by Engineers Australia.
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall graduate employment in engineering and information technology (QILT, 2017).
OTHER SPECIALISATIONS AVAILABLE
Choose from the following options:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
- Feb Deadline: Dec
- July Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Macquarie course can set your dream career in motion.
- Software engineer
- App developer or entrepreneur
- Control system design engineer
- Medical and technology device engineer
- Mobile technologist
- Research and design manager
- Software developer
- Systems programmer
- Web developer
- App developers
- Banking and finance companies
- Construction companies
- Energy companies
- Engineering firms
- Government agencies
- Infrastructure companies
- Research and development companies
- Software technology companies
- Transport companies
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
For international students, Macquarie uses a selection rank to determine the minimum eligibility requirement for each undergraduate course. This rank has been converted into equivalent scores for various recognised international high school qualifications and university entrance examinations, including global qualifications like the International Baccalaureate (IB) and GCE A-Levels.
HSC Mathematics (Band 4) or equivalent. If you don't have the assumed knowledge, you're advised to undertake a bridging course in mathematics, which is offered in February.
RECOMMENDED STUDIES: HSC Mathematics Extension 1 or HSC Mathematics Extension 2, plus HSC Physics. HSC Software Design and HSC Mathematics or equivalent.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 087876F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Archaeology with a Specialisation in Landscape Processes for Archaeologists at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Game Design and Development at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Cyber Security at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Advanced Information Technology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechatronic Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a Specialisation in Mechanical Engineering at Macquarie University (MQU)