Bachelor of Property and Real Estate
Gain the broad skills you need to forge a career in real estate, from property development and valuation to the business principles of law and accounting. This diverse course has close links with professional bodies, and employers will love the practical experience that’s included as you study.
Dreaming of a career as a top property professional?
Designed in consultation with employers and professional and industry bodies, our Bachelor of Property and Real Estate is one of the most highly regarded programs on offer. Even before you graduate, you’ll develop networks and industry links that will take you to the top.
You’ll learn from leaders who are specialists and active in the field, so you’re always benefiting from the most current approaches and ideas, research, and expanding your own connections.
These world-class educators will take you through everything you need to know about:
- property economics
- property investment
- property law and practice
- statutory valuation
- sustainable construction.
You’ll also have opportunities to expand your world through international internship and work experience opportunities that can be credited towards your degree.
Elective units may provide the opportunity for Work Integrated Learning experiences.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
With this qualification, you'll be able to specialize in all facets of the real estate market, including commercial and industrial property, residential property and other related land uses in the built environment. Better still, you’ll be well placed to capitalize on Australia’s population and housing boom. Graduate ready to explore career opportunities across a variety of roles including:
- asset manager
- land economist
- leasing agent
- mortgage finance broker
- portfolio manager
- property developer
- property manager
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education with an ATAR of at least 50, and pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study, equivalent to at least two Deakin University units, at an accredited higher education institution OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including a Foundation Program approved by Faculty Board or relevant work or life experience
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
- Course Code: 060343B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of International Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Arts at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Commerce at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University