Master of Professional Studies in Analytics
The Master of Professional Studies in Analytics helps to meet the increasing demand from employers by teaching the competencies that define an analyst's ability to demonstrate the application of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions through behavior that is directly related to performance goals: statistics/mathematics, analytics systems technology, business intelligence, advanced analytics, business process/ management, business analytics agility, communicating with data, and leadership/data governance, policy and ethics.
The Master of Professional Studies in Analytics program prepares students by applying the principles, tools, and methods of analytics to a project within a sponsoring organization to successfully assist with the extraction, development, delivery, and/or translation/implementation of data analysis for tactical and/or strategic decision making in organizations.
Northeastern’s flagship campus builds on Boston’s legacy of innovation. Students tackle some of the world’s most pressing problems alongside expert faculty in our more than 30 federally funded research centers; develop 3D print models and laser cut projects inside the university’s cutting-edge Snell Library; and apply what they learn in high-tech classrooms to real-world challenges facing local nonprofits, for-profits, and government agencies.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Below is a look at where our Analytics alumni work, the positions they hold, and the skills they bring to their organization.
Where They Work
- Dell EMC
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Interactive Data
What They Do
- Information Technology
- Program and Project Management
- Business Development
What They're Skilled At
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Project Management
- 3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Online application
- Statement of purpose (500–1000 words): Identify your educational goals and expectations of the program. Please be aware that Northeastern University's academic policy on plagiarism applies to your statement of purpose.
- Professional resumé
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts; official transcripts required at the time of admission
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who have either academic or professional knowledge of your capabilities such as a faculty member, colleague, or mentor, preferably one from your current employer
English language proficiency proof. Students for whom English is not their primary language must submit one of the following:
- Official associate or bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university in the U.S., stating degree conferral and date.
- TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, Duolingo, or NU Global Exam scores
Indian National Curriculum (additional requirments):
- Final Standard X Exam Results Certificate (sent by High School or Exam Board)
- Class XI and XII Marksheet (optional, if providing predicted or final Standard XII results; required, if not providing predicted or final Standard XII results)
- Predicted or Final Standard XII Exam Results Certificate (sent by High School or Exam Board)
English Language Testing
- If you are required to submit English Language Testing, you must submit results from one of the five tests listed below. Your results must be both valid (i.e. no more than 2 years old by the application deadline) and official (i.e. sent directly to Northeastern from the testing agency).
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 75 USD