Doctor of Philosophy (Creative Writing)
Monash Arts are renowned for innovative, engaging, and high-quality research in the humanities and social sciences and Arts Graduate Research is committed to providing graduate research education of the highest quality in a stimulating, supportive, and professional environment.
A Ph.D. offered in Creative Writing takes the form of the Monash Doctoral Program – a Ph.D. for the 21st century. At the core of the program is an extensive, independent research project on an agreed topic, supported by a minimum of two expert academic supervisors. This is enhanced by professional development activities or coursework units that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government, or the wider community.
This course will give you the opportunity to delve into cross-genre ideas, supporting the challenges and needs of a contemporary writer in today’s critical and literary global communities.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The minimum qualifications for admission to PhD enrolment are:
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full-time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Course Code: 069109F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD