Graduate Certificate in Animal Science
Advance your skills with leading animal science courses and develop specialisations for further study.
The Graduate Certificate in Animal Science is designed for recent graduates in any field, and for established professionals wanting to upgrade their management skills or redirect their career into animal science.
For your half year of full-time studies, you'll select from over 40 courses, providing you with a high level of specialised knowledge together with valuable skills associated with your selected areas of study.
Graduates from UQ's Animal Science program demonstrate the ability to apply leadership, research and problem-solving skills to meet the global challenges associated with feeding the world, and maintaining our environment in situations of increasing community expectations of animal welfare, biosecurity concerns, and competition for limited resources. This expands your career prospects into a wide range of government, commercial, community or research-based roles.
- Study at the university ranked number one in Australia in agriculture, for both research and teaching outcomes.
- Learn from world-class academic staff, ensuring you receive the highest quality education.
- Benefit from hands-on learning in extensive research and teaching facilities on Gatton campus.
- Utilise specialist equine and wildlife facilities, as well as a dairy, piggery, sheep and goat herds and visit commercial enterprises.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Animal nutritionist
- Animal research scientist
- Biosecurity officer
- Customs officer
- Equine nutritionist
- Equine physical therapist
- Livestock adviser or consultant
- National parks and wildlife officer
- Wildlife ecologist
- Wildlife scientist
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or
2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
- Course Code: 079377C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland