Graduate Certificate in Forensic Criminology
The certificate is designed for students with current or potential careers in the fields of criminal justice, nursing/public health, law and paralegal studies, psychology, and social work who wish to expand their expertise in forensic criminology including mental health applications. Students in this program focus on populations being served by state and federal court systems, state and federal correctional systems, law enforcement agencies, mental health facilities, and juvenile facilities and are able to choose from a variety of courses appropriate for their own specific professional needs.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
In addition to the university's requirements for graduate admission, applicants should have the ability to pursue graduate education, as demonstrated by:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year institution.
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.8 or higher.
- Two copies of a complete and official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
- An interview may be requested by the Graduate Admissions Committee.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Graduate Certificate in Victim Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Security Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Domestic Violence Prevention at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Leadership & Policy Development at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Informatics at University of Massachusetts Lowell