Associate Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Management
Develop management and leadership capabilities and increase your prospects of getting a senior position in the industry with the Associate Degree in Hospitality and Hotel Management.
You will develop your business management potential, get hands-on experience in our hospitality training centre and gain a thorough understanding of the industry's trends and issues.
This course prepares you to join the fast growing hospitality and tourism job sector. You will gain an applied knowledge of the major operational, managerial and organisational areas in the industry.
You’ll learn from teachers who are directly involved in the industry, and develop skills in:
- hotel operations management
- food, wine and catering operations
- accounting principles for management
- marketing and business communications
- contracts, risk and business law
- resort management
- rooms division management.
Footscray Nicholson Campus is a few minutes' walk from the Footscray train station. This relaxed and friendly campus has an emphasis on TAFE courses, run through VU Polytechnic. It's easy to find your way around – there is a brand new learning commons with a library and study spaces. We also have childcare facilities and a recreation centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Employment for management and other roles in the hospitality and tourism industries is expected to grow significantly in the next few years. According to Deloitte(external link), the tourism industry is identified as ranking second within a set of ‘fabulous five’ industry sectors that will drive Australian economic growth, with projections of almost five per cent growth per annum, over the next 30 years.
After graduating, you could find employment in the following positions:
- food and beverage manager
- hotel manager
- restaurant manager
- accommodation manager
- operations manager
- function manager
- small business operator
- event manager.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 0100454
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A