Graduate Diploma in Economics
This course can provide a formal qualification in the field of economics for graduates with little background in the discipline, or it can act as a refresher course in economics for those whose initial studies occurred some time ago. It is also a broadening course for those who wish to extend their knowledge of economics into areas not previously studied such as Economic Development, Economic Policy, Agricultural and Resource Economics, or Advanced Economic Theory. Finally, it can be a qualifying step towards higher studies, particularly the Master of Economics program.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
UNE’s Graduate Diploma in Economics provides you with economic and quantitative expertise to explore a variety of professional career options, such as:
- policy officer or analyst
- economic modeler or adviser
- trade and industry officer
- commodities or futures trader
Economists have hourly earnings in the top 3 percent of earnings by occupation, according to an analysis by the Reserve Bank of Australia. Demand is particularly strong for professionals with expertise in agribusiness and resource economics to support the National Farmers’ Federation target of lifting Australia’s farm-gate output to $100 billion by 2030 from $59 billion in 2019–20.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in a non-relevant discipline; or
- (b) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in a relevant discipline*.
*Relevant disciplines, include but are not limited to:
- Economic Statistics
- Course Code: 006319F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting at University of New England
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management at University of New England
- Graduate Certificate in Health Management at University of New England
- Graduate Certificate in Business at University of New England
- Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness at University of New England
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting at University of New England