Master of Nursing
The MNurs is an advanced programme that has been approved by the New Zealand Nursing Council.
If you are a registered nurse in New Zealand wanting to upskill, this programme is designed to advance your skills with a substantial focus on clinical orientation.
Prepare yourself for advanced practice roles with this thorough and beneficial programme.
Clinical courses have been developed in collaboration with clinical agencies and clinical staff are involved in the teaching and delivery of courses. This programme has guaranteed scholarships.
The MNurs has two pathways: Taught (120 and 240 points) and Research (120 and 240 points).
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Nursing provides a pathway to career advancement and into management. Graduates often pursue careers in healthcare consulting, research and specialist nursing. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this program
- Advanced nurse practitioner
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Nurse administrator
- Nurse consultant
- Nurse educator
- Research nurse
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree in nursing
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland