English and Social Policy BA
This course offers you the opportunity to explore a broad range of literature from poetry to novels, drama to non-fiction whilst also gaining an understanding of key issues in Social Policy, historically and in the present day.
By studying texts from across historical periods, cultures and societies, you will develop an understanding of how English literature has developed over time. You'll also gain advanced analytical and communication skills, exploring key themes across texts and considering the impact of context on discourse.
You'll explore the impact of housing, health, poverty, education and other key issues on governments and society, and gain an understanding of how social policy has evolved both in the UK and internationally, from the establishment of the welfare state in the 1940s through to contemporary debates in social democracy.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds