Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, PGDip
The MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages gives you the valuable skills to engage with theoretical and practical challenges of teaching English as a foreign language, or as a second language.
You can choose to complete a dissertation or compile a portfolio for the second stage of the course.
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The typical entry requirement is a degree in English Language or a relevant discipline, normally a lower second (average 55 per cent) or above or equivalent. Overseas students are expected to possess an IELTS overall score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Education, PGCert at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Education, PGDip at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, PGDip at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Legal Practice, PGDip at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Graduate Diploma in Law at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY
- Education for the Health Professions, PGCert at SWANSEA UNIVERSITY