Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The Computer Science major is designed to provide students with a broad background in science and humanities and to provide an understanding of fundamental principles of computing and modern computing technology. It prepares the student for professional work with computer systems as well as for graduate work in computer science.
Located in the 10th most populous county in the United States and California’s fastest-growing region, UC Riverside has much to offer. Its diverse, inclusive, and globally focused community reflects California’s many cultures and perspectives.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Regardless of whether you are a current member of the UCR family, or just considering joining us as a student, staff member or faculty, we have employment opportunities for you. UCR is the premier research university in Inland Southern California and we are seeking the best to join us. Come and explore your opportunities at UCR.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
To meet minimum requirements to be considered for UCR selection, you must earn a minimum GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to 85 percent on a 100 percent scale). The assessment of a qualifying GPA is based on “a–g” courses (required high school/secondary classes) completed in years 10 and 11. If the high school/secondary school offers a different curriculum, your academic achievement will be based on that educational system’s grading scale.
If English is not the applicant’s native language or the language of instruction at school, English proficiency must be demonstrated in one of these ways:
- Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 80 or higher (iBT).
- Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 60 or higher on the Paper Based Test (PBT).
- Pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 6.5 or higher.
- Score 560 or higher on the Writing section of the SAT or 31 or higher on the new SAT Writing and Language test.
- Score 24 or higher on the combined ACT English/Writing or English Language Arts (ELA).
- Achieve a score of 3, 4 or 5 on the AP Exam in English Language and Composition or English Literature and Composition.
- Achieve a score of 6 or 7 on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level Examination in English (Language A).
- Complete a transferable college course in English Composition with a C grade or better.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 80 USD