Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) (1 year)
The Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) is a one-year degree for high-achieving students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree that included an accredited three-year sequence in psychology.
Students in this honours degree will:
- learn more about neuropsychology and personality assessment tools as well as evidence-based approaches to psychological interventions
- delve into professional issues and ethics as well as practical issues such as interviewing, report writing, supervision and case preparation
- gain experience in researching human behaviour. This includes all steps of the research process from formulating research questions and hypotheses to data collection, analysis and detailed reporting of research findings.
Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) electives include advanced topics in:
- Applied Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Psychology
A psychological science honours degree will give you an edge in an increasingly competitive job market.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
- Feb Deadline: Sep
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Students who complete the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) will be eligible for provisional registration as a psychologist in any Australian state or territory.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have completed, within the last five years, a Bachelor degree including:
- an accredited three-year sequence in psychology;
- with a GPA equivalent of at least 5.5 on the ACU seven point scale; and
- distinction level or above in a total of at least 4 second or third year Psychology units.
If the Bachelor degree was completed outside of Australia, applicants must seek an ‘Assessment of Overseas Qualifications’ from the Australian Psychological Society (APS) to confirm that it is equivalent to an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) three-year sequence in psychology. Evidence of this must be submitted with the application.
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy and require an academic IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
- Course Code: 083215J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)