Embedded Systems Engineering (Master of Science)
Embedded systems are among the key technologies. Whether in medical technology, the automotive industry, in aerospace or in the telecommunications, media and entertainment technology - embedded systems play a central role in the latest technological developments. The systems that "feel" with sensors, "think" through intelligent programming, and "act" on signals and actuators perform a wide variety of tasks.
The connection between engineering and computer science
In the master's program, we provide you with versatile know-how in computer science and engineering. For your future as a research scientist or project leader in a company, you are well equipped to understand and bring together the "language" of both worlds of technology. An extensive selection area allows you to set an individual focus on the following areas:
- Circuits and systems
- Design and Simulation
- Sensors and actuators
- Reliable Embedded Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Robotics and machine vision
Having grown with the city since the 15th century, the university's buildings are deeply intertwined with the city. The three large campuses are the university center next to the historical city center, the institutes quarter, and the engineering campus, but other buildings can be found scattered throughout Freiburg.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Consider making the switch to the University of Freiburg: It is one of the most renowned and strongest research universities in Germany, with a history spanning more than 500 years. You'll engage in top-notch research and teaching with a unique spectrum of disciplines, perspectives, and people - right in the heart of one of Germany's most beautiful cities.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A Bachelor degree in engineering or science with a total of 180 ECTS and 3 years of duration at least (Asia and MENA regions: usually four years).
- Outstanding performance! The "cut-off grade" of the M.Sc. SSE is 2.5 on a German scale.
- 120 ECTS of your bachelor's degree must be engineering- and natural science-related subjects (such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics etc.). This precondition is usually fulfilled for example by electrical and mechanical engineers, but may also be fulfilled by graduates of similar programs such as environmental engineering, process (chemical) engineering, materials science, and energy engineering. The admission committee will decide about the suitability of your previous degree (i.e. whether or not it has prepared you well) for the M.Sc. SSE.
- Advanced English language skills at the level of B2 on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10200 EUR
Application Fee: N/A