Master of Advanced Practice Nursing
Why choose this course?
QUT's School of Nursing has an established reputation as a provider of postgraduate programs that recognize and respond to priorities in clinical nursing practice and prepare professionals for specialist and leadership positions.
In consultation with industry partners, the school has recently reviewed its postgraduate programs to ensure continued alignment with the industry's need for graduates who demonstrate nursing leadership and advanced practice skills.
The comprehensive content incorporates change management theory, research and project implementation capability, leadership skills and knowledge for the improvement of practice and service delivery, and the socio-political aspects of contemporary nursing practice.
You will also select a dissertation or project pathway and will opt to major in either health professional education or chronic health care nursing. You may also choose to complete the program with no major and select electives from a wine list that includes the science of pharmacology, health statistics, dementia, and quality management in health.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
The Master of Advanced Practice Nursing prepares you for leadership roles in specialist areas of health care. Graduates will demonstrate leadership of teams, autonomy, expert judgment, and the agility to improve healthcare outcomes and service delivery models.
- Advanced Practice Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Consultant
- Clinical Nurse Manager
- Executive Director of Nursing
- Nurse Unit Manager
- Nursing Director
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic entry requirements
You need either:
- a completed recognized bachelor degree (or higher award) with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4 (on QUT's 7 point scale)in nursing; or
- a completed recognized associate degree in nursing and one of year work experience as a registered nurse (or equivalent).
The Master of Advanced Practice Nursing does not lead to registration as a nurse in Australia. International students seeking registration in Australia should contact the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency for further advice or consider our Bachelor of Nursing program.
- Course Code: 096267A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Public Health at Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Advanced Practice Nursing at Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Health Management at Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Optometry at Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental) at Queensland University of Technology
- Master of Counselling at Queensland University of Technology