Bachelor of Environmental Management (Honours)
Discover how to critically assess the causes of environmental problems as you build your knowledge in developing and managing solutions that address the many environmental challenges facing the world.
By studying environmental management at UQ, you'll gain a foundation in environmental sciences with the added focus on social and economic disciplines, decision-making, problem-solving and policy analysis.
In your first two years of study, you'll gain a sound understanding of the natural sciences. You'll learn how to manage complex environmental problems through techniques and approaches that integrate biophysical, social, cultural, economic, legal and management factors.
In your third year, you'll undertake a two-week field trip to investigate environmental management practices in a variety of contexts. Plus you'll complete an industry placement to refine your understanding and skills in environmental management.
In your final year, you'll apply the research, knowledge and skills acquired in your first three years and develop your ability to manage complex real-world problems that affect a range of natural or urban environments.
As part of your studies, you can participate in a variety of field trips to a diverse range of environments across Queensland and to international locations, including Indonesia, Vietnam and Hong Kong.
Upon graduation, you'll find employment in managerial, research, administrative and education roles within consultancies, mining companies, government departments, and landcare and catchment management groups.
- Learn from experts on how to manage the environmental challenges faced locally and globally and address the sustainability of natural environment and resources.
- Gain a foundation in environmental sciences with the added focus on social and economic disciplines, decision-making, problem-solving and policy analysis.
- Get hands on with a full semester of placement and practical experience.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Environmental planner
- Environmental management consultant
- Sustainability adviser
- Environmental scientist
- Resource recovery manager
- Research scientist
- Research engineer
- Energy and sustainability professional
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082629F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce MAJOR Finance at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Arts at The University of Queensland