International Economic Law LLM
This programme seeks to provide you with in-depth knowledge and critical understanding of the:
- international legal institutions
- rules and principles of the international economic system
- key legal and policy issues arising from the globalisation of the world economy
Combining detailed technical legal analysis with an engagement with history and political economy, it will help you to place the current chapter of globalisation in its larger context, and to understand where it might be heading.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme is suitable for professionally qualified lawyers wishing to practise international law professionally, whether in law firms or at the bar, as legal advisers in foreign ministries, other government departments, international organisations or NGOs.
It may also be of value to anyone seeking to develop a career in diplomacy or international relations.
Recent graduates are now working as:
- tax consultants
- legal analysts
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
We will also consider a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a social science subject.
Supporting Your Application
Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Inclusive Education MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Transformative Learning and Teaching MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Work, Master of MSW at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Research MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Social and Political Science MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Public Policy MSc at The University of Edinburgh