Master of Health Science
The Master of Health Science is an advanced postgraduate qualification for health practitioners who want to further their knowledge through research to advance their careers.
The Master of Health Science is an opportunity for graduates from a variety of health backgrounds to advance their scholarly and professional knowledge in an area of their interest. You study in an interprofessional and collegial learning environment and develop research skills.
AUT NORTH CAMPUS
Our North Campus is on Auckland’s North Shore and offers facilities including student accommodation, cafes and our biggest sports centre.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
An applicant must have completed one of the following with a B grade average or higher, or equivalent:
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Graduate Diploma in Health Science
Staircasing options from the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science or Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science are also available.
- Course Code: AK3485
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Science (Research) at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Sport, Exercise and Health at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Nursing Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Information Security and Digital Forensics at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Medical Laboratory Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Science at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)