Middle Eastern Studies BA
This degree gives you a deep and wide-ranging understanding of the history, politics and culture of the Middle East. From the early history of the Arabs and Islam to the complex international relations of today, you’ll build your knowledge of the religious, social, cultural and political life of a diverse and fascinating region.
Core modules will build up your knowledge base on the key issues and themes in Middle Eastern studies, but you’ll choose from a range of optional modules to shape a programme that suits you. You can choose from a variety of topics, from Arab cinema to the Qur’an and Islamic legal theory.
You don’t need to be able to speak Arabic, but you’re also welcome if you do – and throughout your degree, you can choose Arabic language modules to develop those skills. You can even try something different by learning Turkish or Persian. Whether you decide to do this or not, you’ll still develop a real insight into the context of communities across the Middle East.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds