Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Biomedical Science
Biomedical science is one of the most contemporary areas of medicine - think IVF, a cure for cancer, and new life-saving vaccines. This rapidly-growing industry requires people with the skills to commercialize biomedical research or apply commercial knowledge and understanding in research environments.
Within this double degree course, you have the opportunity to develop the technical and research skills required in the biomedical fields, while also having a strong understanding of the realities of research as a commercial endeavor.
This course leads to two separate degrees:
- Bachelor of Commerce, and
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science.
You will gain all the benefits of each degree course and be fully equipped to pursue a career in either field separately or to combine the two in your chosen work. You can combine your majors to explore areas of interest or develop new ones in key areas. You could:
- Study Human Genetics and Actuarial Studies to look at the implications of genetic disease for health providers or insurance companies.
- Combine Immunology with Economics to gain an understanding of how the disease impacts political, legal, social, cultural activities around the world.
- Use your marketing skills to promote medical research or health campaigns.
- Work in a business development role in international Biomed companies to create new opportunities for research.
You will develop strong commercial skills that will enable to you manage an organization or contribute to the commercial aspects of medical research, together with strong technical skills to work across the field of biomedical science. You will also have the transferable skills that employers are looking for, such as communication, teamwork, research, and critical thinking.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in one of the Mathematical Methods(any), Specialist Mathematics or Physics
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Chemistry
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- At least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3 in Further Mathematics HL or 4 in Physics or 3 in Physics HL
- At least 4 in Chemistry SL or 3 in Chemistry HL
- Course Code: 084690G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Collaborative Design at Monash University
- Bachelor of Marketing and Bachelor of Media Communication at Monash University
- Bachelor of Marketing and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University
- Bachelor of Marketing at Monash University
- Bachelor of International Business and Bachelor of Arts at Monash University
- Bachelor of International Business at Monash University