Bachelor of Business
In today’s globalised world where competition among businesses is at an all-time high, there are very few careers in which a comprehensive knowledge of business isn’t well-regarded. Those with strong leadership skills, as well as capabilities in marketing, management, human resources, business administration or entrepreneurship, are increasingly revered as key influencers in contemporary workplaces.
The Bachelor of Business will introduce you to a broad range of foundation and future-focused business units that will equip you for the jobs of tomorrow in a wide range of industries. In addition, you’ll develop a valuable set of employability skills – leadership, strategic thinking, problem solving, communication, teamwork, and sustainable and ethical thinking – which are highly sought-after in today’s rapidly evolving global business landscape.
Note: If you’re interested in a career more focused on accounting, business analytics, economics or finance, you might wish to consider undertaking our Bachelor of Commerce.
Sydney New South Wales 2109 Australia
Application Processing Time in Days: 7
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Studying hard and getting great marks doesn’t guarantee you a job. Most employers expect applicants to be skilled and experienced in the workplace. Working while you study is an excellent way to build your employability skills and gain life experience.
Why does it?
Employers appreciate any full-time, casual, or part-time experience like working in hospitality or retail, on a reception desk, or even in construction. They value this kind of experience because it shows that you can be responsible and professional. Working while you study builds professional skills that are essential for professional roles:
- Time management
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
- Working independently
- Showing initiative
- Communication (verbal and written)
Working on and off-campus
CareerHub is Macquarie’s jobs portal, connecting you with external organizations that offer part-time, casual, full-time employment opportunities as well as internships, cadetships, and volunteer experience.
Finding an on-campus job is often ideal as it centralizes both study and work, but opportunities on-campus are limited. Opportunities can be found here:
- Campus Life manages the university's Sport and Aquatic Centre, Food and Shopping, Children's Services, Event Planning, and more.
- For other administrative, professional, and academic-related opportunities within departments and faculties, visit the university's employment page.
Here is a list of some of our favorite job search websites for opportunities across multiple industries.
After completion of Bachelor's degree student is eligible for 2 years PSW.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Course Code: 111851M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Information Technology at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Business Analytics and Bachelor of Professional Accounting at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Professional Accounting at Macquarie University (MQU)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws at Macquarie University (MQU)