Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
ACU’s undergraduate psychology programs help students to acquire knowledge, assimilate conceptual understandings and develop skills of application that are valuable to the enhancement of human functioning in a broad range of professional settings. This degree will ensure graduates acquire an advanced understanding of human behaviour, as well as highly regarded employability skills, including:
- critical analysis and rational thinking;
- ethical decision making;
- scientific thinking and research capabilities;
- measurement and analysis of data;
- problem solving skills;
- written and verbal communication;
- interpersonal skills, including foundational counselling skills; and
- life-long learning skills.
Therefore, the aim of ACU’s Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) is to:
- facilitate the development of knowledge, conceptual understandings, and skills that are relevant in a broad array of employment contexts.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of this course - once the course is accredited - will be eligible to apply for provisional registration as a psychologist (subject to the conditions prescribed by the Psychology Board of Australia). They may also find employment in fields such as counselling, child welfare and development, education, health, human resources, marketing and market research.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
- 3 years PSW for Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate. Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands).
- Course Code: 102185D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)