This course is currently not offered by the university in upcoming intakes. We will notify you soon as it is resumed for online/ offline delivery
Master of Technology
Gain skills to innovate and lead
Industries and organisations are being transformed by technology. This course gives students the multidisciplinary skills to lead change in this rapidly changing world by developing a set of capabilities, in technology and other areas that enable them to succeed in digitally disrupted organisations and industries.
Flexible, individualised learning
The Master of Technology combines practice-based subjects, called Studios, with elective subjects from across the university, to adapt the course to the needs of students. We understand that’s a lot of freedom. That’s why a learning concierge helps guide the student with choosing electives and career coaching for unique professional backgrounds and career trajectories.
In Studios, students work with academics and professional peers in collaborative, intensive workshops on complex problems honing problem solving skills and critical thinking on sustainable development solutions.
The studios teach design and systems thinking frameworks for students to research, apply and synthesise their technical knowledge and skills. The studios provide mentorship and a collaborative practice-based learning environment to develop competencies. The capstone studio enables students to apply their breadth and depth of knowledge in an industry project.
The course teaches students to think in different ways that enable them to tackle complexity and unravel problems, while building postgraduate level content knowledge in subject areas of their choice including postgraduate subjects focused on the intersection of technology and community, and scientific or technological processes or skills.
The Master of Technology studios enable students to explore, apply and integrate information, digital technology and design thinking.
The course for responsible technology leadership
As graduates, students become decision makers and innovators tackling complex problems requiring a diverse and technology informed skillset and they become professionally equipped to work successfully with, and for, Indigenous Australians.
UTS is a focused, University of Technology, which understands how technology interacts with and changes communities, developing responsible, transformative leadership, through impactful partnerships.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Whether students want to thrive in a large organisation or create a start-up, the Master of Technology will provide the expertise to help students get there.
The flexible course structure allows students to choose up to two sub-majors, including sub-majors which may be individually configured and named to suit the unique requirements and study plans of every student.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- In addition to the above qualifications, applicants need to satisfy professional practice requirements by providing materials substantiating their professional work experience (at skill level 1 – bachelor's degree or higher) of at least 2 years' full time (or equivalent) in any of the occupations (ANZSCO Version 1.2) listed below. This requirement may be demonstrated through an electronic portfolio or CV and a Statement of Service confirming the dates of employment, and the position held within the organization.
- 11 Chief Executives, General Managers and Legislators
- 12 Farmers and Farm Managers
- 13 Specialist Managers
- 21 Arts and Media Professionals
- 22 Business, Human Resource and Marketing Professionals
- 23 Design, Engineering, Science and Transport Professionals
- 24 Education Professionals
- 25 Health Professionals
- 26 ICT Professionals
- 27 Legal, Social and Welfare Professionals
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 0101144
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Cybersecurity at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Cybersecurity (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Information Technology (Advanced) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Information Technology (Extension) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Good Manufacturing Practice at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Master of Engineering (Research) at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)