Master of Environmental Science and Management
The Master of Environmental Science and Management is coursework and research-based program designed to equip environmental scientists with a specialist or multi-disciplinary professional knowledge in conceptual, scientific, and field and laboratory technical competencies related to environmental science and natural resources management.
The program involves advanced postgraduate training for graduates who have an appropriate first degree for a career in environmental science and management, environmental protection, consultancy, and industries such as mining and agriculture. The program is also particularly valuable for candidates who are currently employed as resource managers and wish to upgrade their qualifications for either professional or academic reasons.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of New England on a rural property.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Well-qualified graduates can seek out opportunities in non-government and government programs in soil conservation, endangered species conservation, water resources management, biodiversity conservation, pollution control, environmental management, and natural resources management. Graduates are also qualified for employment in research organizations such as CSIRO, universities, environmental protection agencies, and environmental planning consultants.
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional 2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa (Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification; or
- (b) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification in a relevant discipline*; or
- (c) hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, or Bachelor with Honours qualification in a relevant discipline*.
*Relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental Science
- Course Code: 000446C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Scientific Studies at University of New England
- Master of Science in Agriculture at University of New England
- Master of Science (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Rural Science (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Planning and Management of Natural Hazards at University of New England
- Master of Neuroscience at University of New England