Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation - 266JA
Explore the complexities of human movement; develop a broad understanding of the human body and learn how to help those who are injured or physically impaired get their lives back on track - with the Bachelor of Exercise and Physiology and Rehabilitation.
In this 4-year, full time course, you will gain valuable knowledge and understanding of a variety of health and medical issues afflicting patients across a diverse range of age groups and demographics.
You’ll also develop in-depth clinical and analytical skills and explore beyond the physical to discover how exercise as a medicine positively affects the mental and emotional recovery of each patient.
During your time at UC, you’ll also undertake regular Work Integrated Learning (WIL), in the form of professional internships where you will gain valuable experience by using your skills and knowledge in real-life situations.
Throughout this course, you’ll also be regularly visited by industry specialists and leaders offering excellent opportunities to network and expand your industry contacts.
Several industry qualifications are also available to students on completion of appropriate units.
Study our Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation at UC and you will:
- gain a deeper understanding of the human body
- be able to identify degenerative changes and disease states
- develop technical skills to address the needs of clients in a clinical rehabilitation setting
- acquire abilities to prevent and manage chronic disease and injury in cardiopulmonary, neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and metabolic conditions
- have the qualifications to be recognised and accepted as an allied health professional
- be recognised as an allied health professional
- open the door for further studies including, honours, masters and Doctorate
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of this course will be qualified and ready to work as an exercise physiologist in public and private health sectors including areas such as:
- Chronic disease
- Rehabilitation service provider
- Fitness industry
- Strength and conditioning
- Workplace health/corporate health
- Aged care
- Community health
- Health promotion
- Occupational health and safety
- Clinical assessment and screening e.g. cardiac investigations, sleep studies
- Sports science
- Mental health
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 078923A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Honours in Information Sciences - 860AA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Honours) - 769AA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) - 318JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) - 223ZA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement) - HLB101 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition - HLHL01 at University of Canberra