Mind, Language and Embodied Cognition MSc
This programme provides an intensive grounding in the philosophy of embodied cognitive science, its methodologies, research questions and techniques of research.
You will study among one of the world’s largest and most vibrant postgraduate communities in philosophy, alongside internationally recognised leaders in the study of mind, language, and of situated and embodied cognition.
By choosing this programme, you will be entering one of the most exciting areas of contemporary research in philosophy of mind, an increasingly popular field in which many large unsolved problems remain.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme will provide you with the training necessary to undertake research in philosophy of cognitive science, and ultimately to pursue a career in academic philosophy. You will also acquire an understanding of the central debates in the sciences of the mind today.
If you do not intend to follow an academic route, the study of philosophy helps to develop general intellectual abilities and enhance analytical, critical, interpretive and problem-solving abilities.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in philosophy or a related field such as cognitive science, computer science, psychology or linguistics.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Translation Studies MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Speech and Language Processing MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies (Hispanic Studies) MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Russian MScR at The University of Edinburgh
- Linguistics MSc at The University of Edinburgh