International Foundation Year Programme - Engineering, Computing & Science
About this route
The International Foundation Year in Engineering, Computing & Science will prepare you to study one of more than thirty degrees at the University of Huddersfield, in fields such as computer science, most engineering disciplines, forensic science, music technology and pharmaceutical science.
You will study core modules, which are general skills subjects, and specialised modules tailored to your chosen area of study, all of which are important for your academic development.
Why study Engineering, Computing & Science?
- Our flexible entry requirements mean that you can use this route to prepare for an engineering degree – even if you have no background in the subject
- This route offers a strong foundation to succeed in a vast majority of degrees at Huddersfield
- Benefit from our CareerAhead activities to develop the skills you need to become a highly-employable graduate
- Prepare for your future industry work placements, including support with the NHS interview for clinical practice
- Access a range of excellent facilities on a modern campus, such as the Centre for Precision Technologies.
Depending on your chosen progression degree and career aims, you will focus on a specific subject pathway. This will allow you to study subject-specific modules more closely related to your progression degree. You can choose between:
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Skills for success
At the International Study Centre, we want to prepare you for life beyond university. With this in mind we have built CareerAhead activities into our programmes to help you use your time at the University of Huddersfield productively.
At the International Study Centre
CareerAhead activities will focus on identifying your strengths, and building confidence. With our support, you will develop a range of skills for success, such as teamwork, problem solving and communication. We will also help you to create a personal development plan for your time at university and beyond.
You'll also have the opportunity to build up work experience by taking up part-time employment or a work placement during your studies. Find out more about working rights as part your visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Good high school graduation grades or equivalent academic study^ (see table below)
English language: SELT (UKVI IELTS or Trinity Test) equivalent to IELTS 4.5 overall (min 4.0 in writing and no lower than 4.0 all other skills)*^^
Age: 17+ (in the September or October of the academic year you wish to start at the International Study Centre). Must turn 18 before the start of your undergraduate degree
- Successful completion of High Secondary Certificate (50%) or SSC (60%). Pass required for 4 or more relevant subjects. 50% minimum required for relevant subjects
- Year 10 (SSC) 65%, Year 11 50% or Year 12 (HSC) 40%
- Successful completion of SMU 2 or SMU 3 with average grade of 6.0 (4 relevant subjects required)
- O-Levels at DDDD in the relevant subjects or NA Level (academic) Average of 2 - 3 in six relevant subjects
- 4 x O-levels
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A