Master of Business (Economics and Finance Stream)
The Master of Business (Economics and Finance Stream) is a challenging one-year taught programme aimed at preparing graduates for a career in finance or in economics.The course was developed in response to demand from financial service companies for specialist graduates with advanced skills and knowledge in areas such as econometrics, financial derivatives, data analytics and advanced financial analysis and interpretation.The course was developed in collaboration with companies in the financial services sector with the aim of producing high quality graduates with quantitative and analytical skills who would have a capability to work in specialist roles in economics and finance.
The delivery of the programme incorporates lectures, workshops by leading financial experts, a dedicated seminar programme on topics relating to finance and economics and visits to financial services companies. Additional practice-based training is provided in key skills areas such as econometrics, derivatives, analytics and corporate financial interpretation. Students receive specialised training in quantitative financial methods, business simulation and monetary economics and use the full range of financial software that is available to students within the Business School including Thomson One Banker, StockTrak and Financial Times.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A H1 or 2.1 overall award in a strong specialist business/economics and finance undergraduate degree or a general business undergraduate degree with an economics and/or finance major/specialism.
- Students from a non-business degree (example – BA or a BSc) but with relevant economics/finance related modules may also be eligible.
- Graduates who have achieved a 2nd class honours grade 2 in the degrees listed above and who can demonstrate a high level of performance in the economics/finance related subjects may be considered.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD507
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Master of Arts and Heritage Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Science Digital Marketing Practice at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business Internationalisation at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business (Human Resource Management Stream) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business (Management Stream) at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Master of Business (Marketing Stream) at Waterford Institute of Technology